Markus Wheaton is the WR3 for the Pittsburgh Steelers, He is my #1 fantasy Sleeper for the 2016-17 season. I will give you 5 reasons why you should take Markus Wheaton in your Fantasy Draft.
- Martavis Bryant was suspended for all of the 2016-17 season, Wheaton should pick up most of Bryant’s targets that would have flown his way
- Markus in all 3 of his NFL seasons has compiled more Touchdowns, Yards, Catch AVG., than his previous season, and as an added bonus he has never fumbled in his whole NFL career
- Markus has such an incredible upside and potential with Pittsburgh’s big-play threat Martavis Bryant gone, he should most likely pick up 3-4 more targets a game, and 40-50 more repetitions this season
- It is basically Him and Antonio Brown, the Steelers WR3 Sammie Coates only had 1 reception last season for 11 yards, Big Ben has been throwing to Wheaton for the past 3 years and “feels comfortable throwing it to him even more”
- All there opposing teams will put their best corner on Antonio Brown or they might even leave him in double coverage, which will create some good openings and big gaps in the secondary for Wheaton