#46 Nick Deluca: Position(s): ILB/TE
Nick Deluca was my favorite player in this years Draft. He is a very instinctive player with the best hands and coverage skills you will ever see in a linebacker. Where he struggles is getting after the Quarterback and getting physical, he can get canceled out by a lineman easily and needs to work on his pass rushing skills. On the newest Titans depth chart, they have Deluca listed as a backup linebacker as well as a backup Tight End which is puzzling to me, but when you think about Mike Vrabel (Titans New Head Coach) and how he was used over his career, as a Linebacker and a red zone tight end, Coach Vrabel might be trying to make a “Mini Me” out of Deluca using him as a two way player? This kid is a stud and hopefully makes the final roster.
#58 Harold Landry: Position: ROLB/RDE
Harold Landry is being labeled “The Steal Of The Draft” by NFL experts. He was one of the most hyped up players in 2016, leading the Nation in sacks with 16 and having a college season comparative to Von Miller when he was in college! Landry is a quick outside linebacker and defensive end who is being compared to players such as Vic Beasly, Von Miller, and Jamie Collins. He is going to be playing a lot tonight and we will be able to get a good look at what the Titans drafted last April.
Most everyone thinks that Villanova is going to most likely win this game, so did I, but based on my “prediction formula” that I use for almost all of my predictions the outcome was something I did not expect.
Villanova Can be Beat:
The teams that have beaten Villanova this season all have one thing in common, they forced Villanova to get physical and abandon the 3 point shot, this is the key to beating Villanova and if Michigan can score consistently and keep Villanova away from the foul line they just might have a shot.
Gabes Upset Keys:
- Stay Clean- Keep out of foul trouble and don’t let Villanova get to the charity stripe
- Protect the Perimeter- If Michigan can hold Villanova under 10 three-pointers in the game, they will have a fairly decent shot at pulling off the upset.
- Be Consistent- The biggest key to beating Villanova is to shoot over 48% from the floor, you just have to score and keep on scoring.
Final Score: Michigan: 73 Villanova: 72
The (14) SFA Lumberjacks are facing the (3) Texas Tech Red Raiders today in the first round of March Madness tournament. SFA is the most intriguing team in the tournament, they have won 10 or their last 11 games and also lead the nation in steals, they have 7 players who average at least one steal per game. In their regular season, SFA went 28 and 6 and beat LSU early on in the season. They rank eighth in the country for overall defensive efficiency and average 81 points per game. They will have a shot today at Texas Tech who has been an up and down team this year. I’m looking forward to an interesting game with a possible upset.
Prediction: SFA: 73 Texas Tech: 72
The Titans have already made some interesting moves this offseason, they added the “Super Bowl Hero” Malcolm Butler who is a top NFL corner and Dion Lewis a shifty pass catching back who will be utilized on third downs. The Titans lost their star MLB Avery Williamson this year to the Jets and are looking to make up for his departure in signing/Drafting a new Linebacker.
- Zach Brown: The 28-year-old Inside Linebacker is a former Titan and has been producing at a high level since his departure in 2015. In his past two seasons, he has recorded over 270 tackles and 6.5 sacks. He is an elite run stopper and will come with a hefty price tag, around 8-10M a year.
- Sheldon Richardson: A all round type player, Richardson can play D-End, Defensive Tackle and play as a pass rushing outside linebacker. He had a down year last year due to being traded mid-season from the Jets to the Seahawks where he only recorded 1.0 sack the whole year. He is a very athletic Defensive Tackle and would fit in with the Titans very well.
- Navorrow Bowman: The veteran linebacker is the number one linebacker on the market this year and will most likely come with a very hefty price tag. He is a dominant tackler with a ton of power, averaging around 140 tackles a year he is one of the most productive linebackers in the NFL.
- Dontari Poe: Perhaps the most interesting player in the NFL, Poe is a 350-pound defensive tackle who has in the course of his career has thrown, rushed and caught a touchdown. A force to be reckoned with in the trenches Poe is a pure run stuffer and a surprisingly quick player (He ran a 4.98 in the 40-yard dash in 2012). He would add a piece to the puzzle for the Titans defense and help out their run defense tremendously.
The Finland National team has been counted out of the gold medal by almost everyone, most people have them winning at the highest Silver, but most have them taking home a bronze. But I am here to tell you they have a legitimate shot at winning the Gold this year; let me tell you why.
Chemistry: The Finns have a total of 14 players that play on the same team as each other: Five Play for Jokerit, three for Karpat, two for Tappara, two for Salavat UFA, and two more play for SKA (All other 11 players play for different clubs).
If Eeli Tolvanen, Sami Lepisto, and Marko Anttila (All three from Jokerit) can get in sync and strike up that chemistry they have been playing with all season they will have a chance to help their team out tremendously. Eeli Tolvanen (The 31st pick in the 2017 NHL draft by the Predators) has been setting KHL records because of his ability to shoot the puck accurately from almost anywhere on the ice, he has 34 total points on the season and has amassed 17 goals so far. Sami Lepisto is Jokerits assist leader and has 21 assists on the season so far. He will help out Finland a lot by using his superb vision and awareness to find open skaters on the ice and create scoring chances with his amazing passing skills. Marko Anttila is a very good all-around player for Jokerit, he has eight goals and eight assists this season and has very good chemistry with his Jokerit teammates.
Big Time Goal Scorers: The Finns have a number of big-time goal scorers on their team including:
- Julius Junttila: 12 goals and 39 assists ( Leads all Liiga skaters in total points)
- Teemu Hartikainen: 20 goals and 19 assists (Leads all KHL Finns in Points and Goals Scored)
- Miro Heiskanen: 11 goals and 8 assists (The third overall pick in the 2017 NHL draft, he is a gifted 2-way defenseman with a lethal shot)
- Eeli Tolvanen: 17 goals and 17 assists (The best pure goalscorer the Finns have on their entire team, and he’s only 18 years old)
Goaltending: There isn’t that much debating that Finland has the best goalkeeper in the Olympics, Mikko Koskinen. He is boasting a very impressive .940 save percentage (With 5 shutouts) and only allowing 1.48 goals per game.
In 2015 Doug Pederson was the Offensive coordinator for the Kansas City Chiefs when they faced Tom Brady and the Patriots. They ended up steamrolling over the Patriots 41 to 14 in a home win, Alex Smith had 248 Yards and 3 touchdowns on the night with 2 touchdowns coming from running back screens to Jamaal Charles. Pederson’s offense also had over 200+ yards rushing against the Patriots defense that game. So if Pederson can model that same gameplan against the Patriots again today they have a very good chance of beating the Patriots in Super Bowl 52.
Things to Watch for:
- Can the Eagles get Pressure on Tom Brady?
- Can The Eagles get the running game going (3rd best in NFL) with former Patriot superstar LeGarrette Blount and powerhouse Jay Ajayi?
- Can the Patriots get their 10th Ranked rushing attack going against the league-best Eagles rush defense?
- Tom Brady VS The Eagles Secondary
The red hot Hilltoppers (13-5) are at home today against the UAB Blazers (13-5).
The Hilltoppers who are tied for first place in CUSA with the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders , will face a tough opponent today at home in Diddle arena. The UAB Blazers are third in CUSA sitting right behind Western Kentucky and Midd. Tennessee. Western, who are unbeaten in conference play, finally get to fully unleash Moustapha Diagne. The four star transfer from Syracuse has played the last two games but has been held to under 17 minutes playing time in both, but should be getting a more extensive role in the game tonight.
WKU: 77 UAB: 73